Failover/load-balancing with dhcp client bug on "seconds elapsed" field

Daniel Duarte dan.r.duarte at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 08:40:22 UTC 2010

> How about not using failover on those pools ? Since they can only serve one
> client*, it doesn't matter if the servers aren't working 'as a team'.
>
> * Unless someone adds a small switch and puts two clients on the same
> circuit - but then it'll just be their devices that don't work.

Not a bad idea! :)

I'm thinking how to do this exactly. I believe we should remove the
"failover peer" statement from that pool declaration, keeping the remaining
configuration the same on both servers' files. Both servers would answer to
all of the discovers, offering the same IP, regardless of seconds elapsed
field.

I'm I seeing this right?

Thanks,
Daniel