Older version of dhcpd having ipv6 etc

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Sun Sep 27 10:45:37 UTC 2009

>Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 21:37:21 +0530
>Subject: Re: Older version of dhcpd having ipv6 etc
>From: Ashmath Khan <hashmat.email at gmail.com>
>To: sthaug at nethelp.no
>Cc: dhcp-users at lists.isc.org
>
> ok. thanks.
> How about the other two i mentioned below ?
>
> 2009/9/24 <sthaug at nethelp.no>
>
> > > I am looking for an older version of dhcpd(earlier than version 3) which
> > > supports:
> > > ipv6
> > > client classsing
> > > conditional statements(like if etc)
> > >
> > > Do we have such version of dhcpd ?
> >
> > No. IPv6 support only starts in ISC DHCP version 4.
> >
> > Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no

Version 2.0 was the release prior to version 3. It does not have
classes or conditional statements, or at least they are not mentioned
in the man pages.

The last update for 2.0 was pl5, which was a number of security fixes
released in 2000. There have been no further updates since then, so
using such an old, unmaintained release is not recommended these days.

Is there a particular reason for running a version <3.0 ?

regards,
-glenn
--
Glenn Satchell   mailto:glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au | Miss 9: What do you