DDNS with dhcpd -6

Glen R. J. Neff neff_glen at emc.com
Thu Sep 17 14:13:39 UTC 2009

Eustace, Glen wrote:
> I have been making some progress in my attempts to deploy dhcpd -6, but
> am not having any success with the DDNS.
>
> As far as I can tell, no attempt is being made to do the updates at
> all.  I can find no errors just no update L
>
> If someone else has already got this working can you contact me off list
> so that I can pick your brain / compare configs etc.

I have done it with success, only it was with Wide-DHCPv6 server &
relay-agent.

I think the key, however, is that our "rtadvd" (in this case the layer3
function of Cisco Catalyst 6500s) are configred with the "ipv6 nd
other-config-flag" setting, which tells clients the prefix & router
location, but also to use DHCPv6 for additional config info.

Good luck,
-G

PS: Congrats on the correct spelling of your name.

--
/*
  * Glen R. J. Neff
  * neff_glen at emc.com