Mac OS/iPhone clients won't use lease for ~90 seconds

Tim Peiffer peiffer at UMN.EDU
Sun Sep 13 13:02:56 UTC 2009

Apu wrote:
> On 9/12/09 6:19 AM, Marc Werner wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> we had some problems with bad configured iPhones. Check if the protocol
>>

> See it both on iPhones/iPods and Macs all confirmed as being set to use
> DHCP.  Trying a longer lease length is my probably going to be my next
> step but open to all ideas.

Check the code.  For a long time, the minimum lease time was 300
seconds.  In dhcpd-4.1.0p1, the minimum is commented out.

includes/dhcpd.h:# define DEFAULT_MIN_LEASE_TIME 300

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Peiffer