Failover with eMTAs

Frank Bulk - iName.com frnkblk at iname.com
Thu Sep 3 19:52:52 UTC 2009

I would open up a ticket with your eMTA vendor.

Our approach has been two appliances that move a third IP address between
the two and sync data behind the scenes with an associated heartbeat.  If
either server goes down, the other server gets the third IP address and
things go on their merry way.  This solves the problem for all the CPE,
STBs, CMS, in addition to eMTAs.

Frank