append dhcp-parameter-request-list

Brad Dameron Brad.Dameron at clearwire.com
Tue Oct 13 16:50:31 UTC 2009

We are looking to use this option to force option 15 (domain-name) to
some devices we have that don't request it. However if you do this in
the global scope:

append dhcp-parameter-request-list 15;

the dhcp server cuts out options 1,3,6 from the OFFER even tho the
device is requesting these. This doesn't appear to be how it should
work. So we have to do this:

append dhcp-parameter-request-list 1,3,6,15,42,51,54;

So to append that one option 15 we have to not append all the options or
it doesn't work correctly.

Anyone else using these options like this or know of a better way to not
have to force all the options and just force option 15?

Thanks,

Brad