combine "allow unknown-clients" with "deny all clients"

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Sat Oct 10 17:41:25 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 05:48:51PM +0100, Simon Hobson wrote:
> IFF it works as expected, then any client not "known" (ie without a
> matching host statement) will still be allowed regardless of it's
> membership of any classes. In any case, simply allowing any group of
> clients implicitly denies any that don't match - so that is equivalent to
> :
> pool {
>   allow unknown-clients;
> }

Hmm. You're right..."unknown" will still allow class/subclass members
that don't have host declarations.  Can you think of any ill-effects
of creating host declarations for everything that is in a
class/subclass as well?  The best way to solve my issue might just be
to make all hosts defined in classes/subclasses also have host
declarations like this:

subclass "foo" 1:00:22:69:xx:yy:zz {
	ddns-hostname "foo";
	ddns-domainname "bar.baz";