Getting different ip's each time on DHCP

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Nov 27 07:47:40 UTC 2009

Hi

You could try adding the setting

       one-lease-per-client flag;

       If this flag is enabled, whenever a client sends a DHCPRE-
       QUEST  for  a  particular lease, the server will automati-
       cally free any  other  leases  the  client  holds.    This
       presumes  that when the client sends a DHCPREQUEST, it has
       forgotten any lease not mentioned  in  the  DHCPREQUEST  -
       i.e.,  the  client has only a single network interface and
       it does not remember leases it's holding  on  networks  to
       which  it  is  not  currently attached.   Neither of these
       assumptions are guaranteed or provable, so we urge caution
       in the use of this statement.

Maybe this is only required for a little while to see if dhcpd can
repair itself.

Otherwise, are you able to upgrade to a newer release. There is 3.1.3,
4.1.0 and 4.1.1b3 to choose from. Going to 3.1.3 should be possible
without changing any of your configuration files. There have been lots
of failover bug fixes, and this may help.

regards,
-glenn

>Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 22:19:45 -0800 (PST)
>From: Bunny Singh <jump2fly82 at yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: Getting different ip's each time on DHCP
>To: dhcp-users at lists.isc.org
>
> Still getting different IP's each time. Both server are synched with each
other.

> Any help is highly appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Daljit singh

is everytime when Client sends the discover message then the servers are
providing different IP each time and messages occuring