IP Address Fields in OMAPI

Matt Causey matt.causey at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 17:37:16 UTC 2009

> Is this an endian issue?  Are you querying from a little endian machine and
> hitting a big endian machine or something along those lines?  If I remember
> correctly, omapi makes no guarantee that endianess is corrected for ...

I'm using omshell to connect to a local dhcp server.  I'm not sure
that endian'ness plays into the conversion of the individual hex
values (although I'm happy to be wrong there...I'm not absolutely
certain).  Certainly, the order of the IP address is backwards, which
is fine.  I just want to know how to correctly decode the octets of
the IP.

--
Matt