DHCP RENEW on Multi homed client

Jolynn Schmidt jschmidt at Getcollc.com
Wed Nov 25 13:06:28 UTC 2009

>No, the only requirement i that the client can communicate directly
>with the server. That does not require static addressing or two
>separate DHCP servers - only that the routers on each network are
>correctly configured to manage all possible routes for packets.

Thanks,

I just want to make sure I understand what is being said.  With the current setup, I have a route between the host computer and the DHCP server via eth0.  Since there is no direct route for the unicast RENEW out eth1 ( it goes out eth0) dhcpclient on eth1 will never see the DHCP ACK and the renew will fail. Sound right?

Jolynn

This e-mail and its attachments are intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, inside information, or subject to other restrictions on use or disclosure. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this transmission or the information in it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and permanently delete or destroy this e-mail, any attachments, and all copies (digital or paper). Unless expressly stated in this e-mail, nothing in this message should be construed as a digital or electronic signature.