macos script

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Nov 3 16:10:47 UTC 2009

hobbes wrote:
>Well, my PATH variable in bash in correct.

When/how did you check that - by typing "echo $PATH" in a shell ?
It's a common problem that scripts run fine when you run them by hand
(using an interactive shell with one environment), but then doesn't
work when run from cron (or I guess in this case dhclient) with a
totally different environment. PATH is the a common issue here - cron
(for example) uses a much smaller PATH setting than interactive
shells.

It's one of those things that everyone does, and then they remember
how much it hurt and try to avoid being bitten by it again :-/

--
Simon Hobson