Dhcp failover mechanism

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon May 25 16:57:11 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 11:18:12AM -0400, Carlos Dias wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes I did, but what i'm trying to do is find a way to prevent load
> balancing and do only failover.
>
> That's wy i wondered if anoyone else modified those values.

"split" is necessary to split the pool between the primary server and
the backup server.  Modifying "split" will not prevent the backup
server from answering.  You might try setting "load balance max
seconds" really high, but I still don't think it will do what you
want.  Basically, the ISC server isn't designed for fail-only without
load balancing.