Assigning a Fixed IP Address Based on dhcp-client-identifier

Glen R. J. Neff neff_glen at emc.com
Tue May 19 20:12:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 11:41 -0700, Scott Coleman wrote:

> >    This is kind of counter-intuitive, and I've fought with this
> before, but
> >    static assignments need to be outside your scope.
>
> Glen,
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here. The hosts are already declared at the
> outermost scope.

But the static IPs you're trying to assign are inside the scope you've
defined.  A scope is a pool of IPs for dynamic assignment.

Adjust your scope to not include the IPs you're trying to statically
assign, or switch your static assignments to IPs outside of the scope.

I've always just used MAC address for static assignments, but I've
encountered that very issue.

-G

--
/*