Failover on a large DHCP system

Brad Dameron Brad.Dameron at clearwire.com
Mon May 11 19:23:31 UTC 2009

I use omapi with 3.1.1 currently with 38k active leases without any issues. I add it to dhcp with omapi then I write it out to a global include file for restarts. The reason you are seeing it after a restart is because it get's wrote into the dhcpd.leases file. It will be removed from the lease file after a few rotations. It's not immediately. We currently use a 24 hour lease time. I haven't restarted my dhcp server in months and we add/remove statics quite a bit. If someone gives me an idea of what they need in a script I can convert my current perl script to be usable by the rest of the world.

Brad