Failover on a large DHCP system

Nicholas F Miller Nicholas.Miller at Colorado.EDU
Fri May 8 16:09:29 UTC 2009

 From our testing, it looks like DHCP failover will work well for us.
Unfortunately we are using DHCP for network access by registering
hosts in DHCP. Our current system relies on restarts to add new hosts
to DHCP. Until we can get our registration process to use omshell we
will have to wait to implement DHCP failover. With constant restarts
of DHCP and the need for failover to redistribute the pools on
restarts I think the server load and disk access would be too high.