leasquery

Daniel Manser me at danielmanser.com
Fri May 8 08:31:55 UTC 2009

Walter,

I have enabled Leasequery on DHCPD 4.1.0 as well, but I enabled it
globally, not just in a specific subnet. Maybe try this, it works
pretty fine here.

Our DHCP server is also used in a DOCSIS environment. In case your
CMTS does not receive leasequery answers, please check that the CMTS
sends a DHCP packet with message type 10 (a leasequery request). I've
had the problem that our CMTS sent out leasequery requests with a
message type 9, which would be a forcerenew packet according to the
respective RFCs. The DHCP server however did not understand that and
dropped it (which is correct behaviour).

Better check that with a network sniffer, it can save you *a lot* of work.

Hope this helps,
Daniel