Failover on a large DHCP system

Nicholas F Miller Nicholas.Miller at Colorado.EDU
Thu May 7 14:30:29 UTC 2009

We have a large DHCP instance which is currently running 304 shared-
network definitions and 677 pools. We would like to implement DHCP
failover but are a little worried about the overhead needed to
implement it on such a large DHCP network. Will the servers be
overwhelmed trying to keep things in sync with so many pools?

Also, can we reload configs without restarting DHCP yet?