multiple dhcpd and leases file

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Sat Mar 28 10:25:25 UTC 2009

m. kh  wrote:

>I created multiple dhcpd demon in one server machine , because i
>will use a multiple vlan in my network and with each vlan i use an
>demon dhcpd exemple :
>vlan10 -> virtual interface eth1.10 -> dhcpd10
>vlan20 -> virtual interface eth1.20 -> dhcpd20

You don't need to do that, DHCP works fine with VLANs. I'd have
thought that the overhead of managing multiple instances would far
outweigh any gains. Is there a specific problem you are trying to
work around ? If so, then someone has probably already solved it.

>the dhcpd20 and dhcpd10  works correctly ,but there is no thing in
>leases file  : /var/lib/dhcp3/dhcpd20.leases
>and  /var/lib/dhcp3/dhcpd10.leases ,after use dhcp client in my network.

And what is in the log file(s) ? "it doesn't work" isn't a fault description.

--
Simon Hobson