DDNS

Wayne Cromwell wcromwell at mac.com
Wed Mar 25 18:39:35 UTC 2009

Hey all,

I'm running DDNS. Right now I'm grabbing the hostname from the client,
which is working fine. What I would like to do on a couple of networks
is for the dhcp server to generate a hostname for each client. For
these networks I don't want clients to choose there hostnames. I read
in the dhcp handbook chapter 11 page 181 that this could be
accomplished by using a certain algorithm.

Another topic.
Is there a way to block/reserve a hostname from being used. ex... I
never want a client to user homersimpson.company.com

Thanks