dissecting DHCP - Q4

Bruce Hudson Bruce.Hudson at Dal.Ca
Tue Mar 24 16:06:56 UTC 2009

> Does anyone know by chance where this info could be found on Mac OS X?
> Just asking out of curiosity, but it might also be handy for
> troubleshooting, and I couldnt' find it; at least it's not in /var/db/
> dhcpclient/leases.

    If it in the location above, but you have to work for it. The lease
file stores a copy of the ACK packet (Base 64 encoded) in the "PacketData"
field. You would have to decode that, then find the "Server Identifier"
option, and extract the IP.
--
Bruce A. Hudson				| Bruce.Hudson at Dal.CA
UCIS, Networks and Systems		|