agent.circuit-id not in dhcpd.leases file

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Mar 20 12:38:50 UTC 2009

Hi Jessica

You could try setting this option to true. Taken from the dhcpd.conf
man page (taken from dhcp-3.1.1, but should be in 4.x):

       stash-agent-options flag;

       If the stash-agent-options parameter is true for  a  given
       client, the server will record the relay agent information
       options sent during the client's initial DHCPREQUEST  mes-
       sage when the client was in the SELECTING state and behave
       as if those options are included in all subsequent DHCPRE-
       QUEST  messages  sent  in the RENEWING state.   This works
       around a problem with  relay  agent  information  options,
       which  is that they usually not appear in DHCPREQUEST mes-
       sages sent by the client in the  RENEWING  state,  because
       such  messages  are unicast directly to the server and not
       sent through a relay agent.

regards,
-glenn
--