DHCPv6 host-identifier, the Never Ending Thread: A Summary

Marcus Goller mgoller at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 19:08:59 UTC 2009

Ralph,

Ok, understood, thanks. Reading through RFC 3315 and then looking at the
CableLabs DHCP specifications for DHCPv6, I came to the conclusion that
it apparently is up to the vendor to fill the gaps. But I now see that
this was a decision made by CableLabs and I could imagine that others
would go down that route too, before approaching the WG and go through
the formal processes.

Coming from the cable industry, I am fine with what is available in the
CableLabs vendor space so far.