DHCPv6 host-identifier, the Never Ending Thread: A Summary

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Thu Mar 5 02:19:40 UTC 2009

Frank,

I would like to invite you to subscribe to the Internet2 IPv6
Working Group mailing list, especially since WPI is an
Internet2 member.  But, anyone else interested in IPv6,
especially in the Research and Education networking world is
welcome too.

http://ipv6.internet2.edu/
Mailing list details a the bottom of the page.
And yes you can get to it with IPv6.

You will find lots of support for this work there, moral support at
least from just about everyone and beyond that from many.
This issue (DUID without MAC for DHCPv6) came up as an
OH SH#$! moment, for a bunch of us in the working group
meeting at Joint Techs in College Station last month.

By the way, I noticed WPI's main web page is IPv6 accessible.
Good job, even if it wasn't your personal doing!

=======
David Farmer				     Email:
farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
Networking & Telecomunication Services
University of Minnesota			     Phone:	612-626-
0815
2218 University Ave SE			     Cell:
612-812-9952
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029		     FAX:	612-626-
1818