dhcp-3.0.5 failover duplicate addresses

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Jun 17 14:11:59 UTC 2009

Are there any known issues with failover in 3.0.5?  I'm running two
instances of dhcp-3.0.5 on Centos 5.3 and I'm getting the dreaded
"duplicate address" messages in syslog.  Leases are set to 5 minutes,
mclt is set to 1 hour.  The systems are time-synced and are correctly
communicating in failover mode.  They should be configured correctly
since I basically copied the config from a working configuration.  I
don't have access to the configs/logs at this moment.

I'm trying to decide if it is worth upgrading dhcpd instead of
sticking with the packages provided by Centos.  Thoughts?