isc-dhcp4 (ipv6) on freebsd 7.0

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Mon Feb 23 19:38:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 05:32:22PM +0100, Miroslav Chlastak wrote:
> But on interface de0 is not ipv6 address :(

One of the hard parts about our new auto* build environment is that
it wasn't clear how to pick a dhclient-script at ./configure time.

So 'make install' wouldn't install a dhclient-script.

I'm not sure if we ever did anything about that, I think we diddn't,
so I suspect you are using a dhclient-script that doesn't know
anything about the IPv6 events.

Have a look in client/scripts/ for our defaults for various platforms.

Most platforms write their own dhclient-script to better integrate
with the host OS's normal configuration methods.  Be careful not to
create a conflict when installing your new one.