dhcp-3.0.5 and DHCPINFORM

Andre Schubert andre at km3.de
Tue Feb 17 11:25:24 UTC 2009

Hi Simon,

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:58:09 +0000
Simon Hobson <dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:

> Andre Schubert wrote:
>
> >After an upgrade from dhcp-3.0.1 to dhcp-3.0.5 i have a problem with
> >DHCPINFORM handling.
> >The problem was already discussed here at
> >http://marc.info/?l=dhcp-users&m=116957226007034&w=2.
> >
> >After several testings i found that dhcp-3.0.7 works the right way.
> >Could someone help me to patch dhcp-3.0.5 so that it works like dhcp-3.0.7?
> >I have a look at the sources myself, but iam unsure at which places
> >i have to patch dhcp-3.0.5.
>
> Err, why not just run 3.0.7 ?

The main problem is that we upgrade from Redhat Enterprise Linux 3 to 5.
RHEL3 comes with 3.0.1 and RHEL5 comes with 3.0.5.
And as i understood their policy correctly, they updade to new packages
only if there is a security related problem.
But eventually they accept patches, thatswhy a asked for a patch.

Regards,
Andre Schubert