Different Option 43 strings based on Subnet

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Tue Dec 8 15:10:34 UTC 2009

After re-reading dhcp-eval's man page, I have the confusion down
to a smaller scope. dhcp-eval describes if-else constructs that
sound like just what we need since the class statement first
identifies a given access point by type and presently gives that
AP the correct string. All we are doing is adding one more
decision which says if you come from 10.193.4.0/25, you get this
string. If you come from 10.193.20.0, you get a
different string.

	Is there an expression that asks the question, "What
network is he part of?

	In this particular case, there is no need for an else
since each network will have an option 43 string and the client
will eventually hit the right decision and get its vendor
encapsulated options.