Interesting Behavior with Solaris 2.8

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Sat Aug 15 03:47:57 UTC 2009

There's some interesting "features" in older versions of Solaris
dhcpagent, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is a bug or known problem.
Perhaps some googling for solaris dhcpagent subnet mask might get
something?

What setting do ou have for netmasks in /etc/nsswitch.conf? Could it be
picking up a different subnet mask via nis or nisplus?

regards,
-glenn