dhcpd on Solaris 10

Jason Penton jason.penton at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 07:44:48 UTC 2009

Hi Glenn, *

I've tried many version - in both release 3 and 4, but exactly the
same symptoms. I've stripped down my dhcpd.conf to the bare minimum as
follows:

server-identifier <dhcp server IP>;
option dhcp-server-identifier <dhcp server IP>;
option domain-name "domain.com";
option domain-name-servers <DNS server IP>;
default-lease-time 14440;
ddns-update-style none;
deny bootp;
shared-network NetworkName {
        subnet X.X.X.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
                option routers X.X.X.X;
                option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
                pool {
                        range X.X.X.Y X.X.X.Z;
                }
        }
}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Another thing. The clients do get the OFFER but obv. dont respond
because of the server-ip-address being 0.0.0.0

BTW, DHCP server has 4 NICs configured (dont know if this has any effect)

Cheers
Jason