Restricting ONT's Ethernet port to singe active IP address

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Thu Apr 23 09:26:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 23:32 -0700, Chris Buxton wrote:
> As far as I know, it's standard ISC DHCP. We certainly don't do
> anything with the source code - we don't supply the actual DHCP server
> - and I doubt the package maintainer for Debian/Ubuntu is doing much
> to it either, other than maybe moving the default lease file path.

	Standard ISC DHCP release 3.1.2 (or earlier, AFAICS) doesn't
	allow using OMAPI to set the 'ends' property of a lease.
	Release 4.1.0 does.  I'm not aware (but happy to learn!) of
	other/better ways to release a lease.

	I had occasion to look at these sources just yesterday, and
	to patch in the 4.1.0 code fragment (in server/omapi.c) to
	3.1.0.

	Code in 4.1.0 to allow setting the 'ends' property is only
	cosmetically different from Christof Chen's patch, easily
	found using Google, and posted to this list on 25 Feb 2009
	under the subject "free a lease via omshell".

	I'm not aware of what any of the distro houses provides.

	IHTH

	/Niall