Memory footprint of dhcpd process steadily increasing

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Mon Apr 20 09:27:23 UTC 2009

> > I've had a look at the code in failover.c, but I'm not good at
> > programming at all. Could you please tell us non programming people
> > exactly what line goes in where in the code?
>
> As far as I can see it should be something like the following. I am
> testing 4.1.1b1 with this patch now.

Initial tests of this patch look very promising. Now we just need to
let the DHCP servers run a couple of weeks without restart, to verify
that the memory consumption of the dhcpd process stays the same.

On the other hand, the failover peer separation problem, discussed in

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2008-November/007426.html

is *not* solved in 4.1.1b1.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no