IPv6 router advertisement

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Sun Apr 19 07:38:54 UTC 2009

Hello readers,

I have got a rather "small" /96 subnet and would like to give out
addresses and routing information to all my clients.

This, however, turns out to be quite complicated, because there is no
"option (dhcp6.)routers" directive which could be set to the right
gateway/router. (At least in ISC dhcpd 4.0.1)

What can I do to solve this problem? Or might it just be necessary to
upgrade or wait until this feature will be included in dhcpd?

radvd is due to the small subnet size not working of course, so not
employable.

I hope there is a solution waiting out there in the vast continuum of
cyberspace! :-)

Best regards,

Mihai Moldovan