Valid options?

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Sep 25 17:04:03 UTC 2008

>Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:51:46 -0600
>From: Jason Gerfen <jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu>
>To: dhcp-users at isc.org
>Subject: Valid options?
>
>I am looking at a piece of documentation regarding options available to
>the dhcpd.conf and would like some insight into whether or not these are
>still valid or it is an outdated piece of documentation.
>
>http://www.unix.com.ua/orelly/networking/tcpip/appd_03.htm
>
>And on another note I would like to ask this list if there is a piece of
>documentation that lists and gives examples for *EVERY configurable
>option available to the dhcpd service.
>
>Thanks, and sorry for asking so many questions.
>--
>Jas

That page looks like it might be for dhcpd version 2.0 which is about 7
or 8 years old. Most of those commands will work in versions 3 and 4,
but the option-133 type ones have been superceded by a new naming
convention.

Current documentation is in the man pages:

for configuration options
man dhcpd.conf
man dhcp-options
man dhcp-eval

Lease file format
man dhcpd.leases

daemon startup
man dhcpd

There's a few other man pages, but these are the main ones.

regards,
-glenn