Client in two subnets. In one it should get an fixed address.

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Thu Sep 11 12:29:22 UTC 2008

Simon Hobson schrieb:
> This is your problem, even if this device is in another subnet, it still
> inherits options from this subnet and pool - you've told the server to
> do this by putting the host declaration inside the pool & subnet.
>
> The answer is to put all your host statements in the global scope.
>
> The standard statement here is "all host statements are global in
> scope", which is a slight simplification. You have found out why we tell
> people to always put their host statements in the global scope unless
> they are doing something advanced. In almost every case when it's come
> up, the user did NOT want the 'wrong' options inherited from another scope.

After I took PC2 out of the second subnet like you described, it got the right
IP in that subnet. But when I connect it to the first subnet, no IP is assigned:

Sep 11 14:26:16 nucleus dhcpd: DHCPDISCOVER from BB:BB:BB:BB:BB:BB via
10.1.0.5: network 10.1.0/24: no free leases

There are only 50 of 100 leases allready in use.