Query on the DNS Client simulator for stress testing

T Manikandan-Q3926C q3926c at motorola.com
Fri Oct 17 06:11:02 UTC 2008

Thanks for your guidelines Brad.

Regards
Mani

-----Original Message-----
From: dhcp-users-bounce at isc.org [mailto:dhcp-users-bounce at isc.org] On
Behalf Of Brad Dameron
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 11:12 PM
To: dhcp-users at isc.org
Subject: RE: Query on the DNS Client simulator for stress testing

Dhcperf from Nominum works great. And we are using ISC DHCP 3.1.0 with a
slight mod that we tested can handle over 250,000 clients in a ISP
environment. This was on a dual dual-core 5160 with 4GB and RAID-1 36GB
15k SAS drives.

http://www.nominum.com/services/measurement_tools.php

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 15:22 +0800, T Manikandan-Q3926C wrote:
> Can anybody help me in identifying a simulator for DHCP?
>
> I need to test the DHCP server which is designed to handle 50,000
> clients.
>

> I need to perform the following test.
>

>      1. each client requesting an IP one at a time
>      2. clients in multiple of 100's requesting IP at a time
>      3. Clients in multiple of 1000's requesting IP at a time
>      4. All 50,000 clients requesting IP at a time.
>

> Regards
>
> Mani

me know where could I find this tool as mentioned, for simultaneous
client simulation.
> 2001-06-05  [1] dhcp client simulation for stress testing
dhcp-clie A_D_Inamdar

> Regards
>
> Mani

Brad Dameron