help :giaddr

abhijit khadatare anks030 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 13:21:35 UTC 2008

Thanks for reply.
my network topology shown below

client >|------------>layer 2 switch------------>dhcp server

layer 2 switch ip 192.168.1.46/24
dhcp server ip 192.168.1.2/24
i recognised the problem
problem is in dhcpd.conf
i checked in conf file that

if exists agent.circuit-id {
option agent.circuit-id = option agent.circuit-id ;

log(info , ("echo back circuit-id"));

}

if exists agent.remote-id {
option agent.remote-id = option agent.remote-id ;
}

when giaddr =0 that contain opt82 frame then it is go working
but when giaddr non zero (request from different subnet)
server itself echo back opt82 frame no need to this checking.
can u tell me what happen in following scenerio

client------>layer2switch:1-------->layer2switch:2------>layer3switch:3----dhcp
server

each layer 2 switch act as relay agent then how giaddr flow,whether it
should overwrite or not?
thanks in advance.