Pool and jumpstart

Thomas Marteau thomas.marteau at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 13:50:55 UTC 2008

Hi all,

We are currently mutualizing on our ISC dhcp all the remote
installation DHCP service (Windows, Linux, Solaris 10 (sparc and X86)
and AIX).
For Solaris 10 SPARC, we can configure the ISC dhcp server in order to
jumpstart by using group and host declaration like it is shown here :
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/submitted/setup_dhcp.jsp

What we would like to do is to use pool and member, this way we won't
have to bother about the subnet where the client will try to
jumpstart.
In our first attempt, we just create a pool that allow members of a
class that includes all the options like the group.
The trouble is that the jumpstart client needs its hostname during the
boot process.

Do you have any idea how to set the hostname option in a pool (with a match?)?
If you succeeded to set up ISC dhcp server to serve jumpstart
installation via pool, I would gladly look at your solution.

--
Regards, Thomas.