Scalability of DHCP Server

Brad Dameron Brad.Dameron at clearwire.com
Thu May 29 16:53:01 UTC 2008

Based on tests we have done in our lab we go with 250k IP's per DHCP server. This is on a dual dual-core 3Ghz machine with 15k 36GB SAS drives in a RAID1. You might be able to go more but this is what looked to be the best performance all around. This is with version 3.1 and the modified leases hash I posted earlier.

Brad