Segfault in conflex.c at line 249 in dhcpd ver 3.0.7 built for debugging

Michael Grigoni michael.grigoni at cybertheque.org
Mon May 19 07:10:27 UTC 2008

Michael Grigoni wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> In an attempt to netboot Macintosh G5 machines from our Solaris Sparc
> 2.6 host, I have built dhcpd ver. 3.0.7 using gcc 3.4.2.  In order
> to troubleshoot pattern matching problems in subclass blocks, I
> rebuilt dhcpd with many debugging options set in 'site.h'; the
> result is a segfault in 'conflex.c' at line 249 (at an fprintf()
> statement).
>
> A collection of relevant files, gdb output and other dumps is here:
>
>   http://www.cybertheque.org/sw/isc_dhcp/DEBUG.d

<snip>

By commenting out the #ifdef block which includes line 249, the
segfault is prevented at the expense of some debug output. I was
able to write a dhcpd.conf file that boots the iMac G5, but
'vendor-option-space' isn't working as I had hoped (see the
dhcpd.conf file at the above URL in the 'test2.d' directory).
Is the 'option space' facility only for encapsulated options?

Michael