Address allocation not working correctly

Claus Holm Christensen iscdhcp at claushc.dk
Tue May 6 21:33:31 UTC 2008

Corley, Kenneth L (Kenny) skrev:
> I'm fairly new to the mailing list.  I was wandering if someone could
> help determine if the following config will allow a unique subnet range
> to be allocated per service (ie. video (STB), data/internet, and VoIP).
> Currently, it is not working.  The STBs (ADB3800/5810) are getting
> assigned an IP address from the internet/data subnet (10.6.0.x) instead
> of the video subnet.  We are running ISC v3.0.5.  I'm fairly certain the
> class definitions for the STBs are correct since they getting an address
> in the data subnet.

It has previously been recommended not to use both allow /and/ deny
statements in a configuration, only allow /or/ deny statements. But I
don't remember if that was only within one pool declaration, or a common
recommendation.

Are all your boxes located in the same VLAN? If they are, then you might
need to put the 10.5.0.0 and the 10.6.0.0 subnets into a shared-network
statement, otherwise the DHCP-server doesn't know that both subnets
share the link. If the VLANs are different, then I would check the
network a little bit further for wrong IP addresses on the router or
similar.

Other than that I don't see any problems. Would you mind sharing the
class definitions as well?

--
Claus Holm Christensen