Dns Update

frank miller frankkmiller at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 18:59:05 UTC 2008

No I just tested with these exact options.

ddns-update-style interim;
ddns-updates on;
ddns-ttl 60;

And then

host truename {
    hardware ethernet 1.1.1.1.1.1;
    fixed-address 1.1.1.1;
    ddns-hostname "truename";
    ddns-domainname "testing.com";
    option domain-name "testing.com";
}

On my computer I changed the computer name (My
Computer,Properties,Computer Name) to Evilname and:

May  2 14:49:17 testserv dhcpd: [ID 70211 local2.info]
Added new forward map from evilname.test.com to
1.1.1.1
May  2 14:49:17 testserv dhcpd: [ID 70911 local2.info]
added reverse map from 1.1.1.1.in-addr.arpa. to
evilname.test.com

I'd like dhcp to update using what I have in
dhcpd.conf regardless of what a (potentially
untrustworthy) client sends.