dhcpd memory leak

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Mon Mar 24 22:04:51 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 10:24:54PM +0100, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
> > Are you using OMAPI?
>
> Enabled in the config file. Memory leak shows up even if the OMAPI
> interface isn't actually *used* though.

i haven't seen a memory leak on our own failover pair during 3.1.1b1's
internal testing, but this doesn't mean it doesn't exist...just that
it's very hard for me to guess or even try to repair it.

the omapi memory leak will leak on every connection, so including if
someone is portscanning you and not being firewalled out, it only
takes accept() to succeed.

just fyi.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/