no ipv6 address configuration

Cyril VIZZARI cvcyril at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 10:21:47 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a small ipv6 network with a dhcpv6 server, so
I am using dhcp 4.0.0 with the configurations files below.
I can see messages exchange between client and server (Solicit, Advertise,
Request and Reply)
with an IPv6 address, but on the client interface there is no address
configuration (ifconfig eth0)
but the address is well allocated.
I tried another DHCPv6 client with the isc dhcpv6 server and this works
that's why I think the problem
is on the client, maybe on my conf file.

Then I tried to do Dynamic DNS with isc dhcp 4.0.0 and BIND9 but the dhcp
server never communicates with the DNS
but i have the error : "Unable to convert dhcp6.fqdn domain name to
printable form"

thanks if someone can help me.

Cyril

dhclient.conf:
----------------
interface "eth0"{
 send dhcp6.oro 1, 2, 7, 12, 13, 23, 24, 39;
 request domain-name, domaine-name-servers, host-name;
}

dhcpd.conf:
subnet6 2001::/64 {
 range6 2001::5 2001::50;
 option dhcp6.domain-search "example6.com";
 option dhcp6.name-servers 2001::abcd:0:0:1;
 allow unknown-clients;
}