dhcpd and infiniband (address type 32)

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Fri Jun 13 14:26:02 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:09:15PM -0700, Bryan Green wrote:
> +                     case ARPHRD_INFINIBAND:
> +                       tmp -> hw_address.hlen = 1;
> +                       tmp -> hw_address.hbuf [0] = ARPHRD_INFINIBAND;
> +                       memcpy (&tmp -> hw_address.hbuf [1], sa.sa_data,
> 20);
> +                       break;

we'll need to evaluate how the client transmits packets in this case,
since the code is common, and how or if the relay works.

i'm also not clear on how this works with the default BPF/LPF/raw
sockets code, since it doesn't add infiniband framing.  does this
only work with BSD sockets?  if so it should be #if defined in.

and we'll have to verify the above against ietf rfc on the subject
of dhcp over infiniband, if there is any (i know there are rfc's
on the subject for usb and firewire, although i'm not sure i agree
with their authors).

but do send the patch to dhcp-suggest at isc.org, our ticketing system.