Fwd: BOOTP Server supporting DHCP Client???

John Wobus jw354 at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 13 10:35:07 UTC 2008

Depending upon how it is written and/or configured, a single server can
be either a DHCP server or a BOOTP server or both.
The ISC server does either just DHCP or both depending upon how it is
configured.
Your understanding is correct only in that ISC thought it would be
useful to provide BOOTP
support, and therefore did so.

John

Begin forwarded message: