Status of "RESERVED" flag via OMAPI

Foggi, Nicola NFOGGI at depaul.edu
Tue Jun 3 20:14:53 UTC 2008

Christof,

Most excellent, that definitely is the hidden option! So using that we've seen some weird errors/problems now after setting it on certain leases.  We are running 3.1.1 on a pair of servers with failover enabled between them.  The first error we saw was:

bind update on x.x.79.30 from dhcp2 rejected: x.x.79.30: invalid state transition: active to expired

it seems that when we set that flag it sets the lease to expired, so we thought maybe we should set it to active?  We are updating both servers in the pair.  Is there an order in which we should set it?  This operation was being done to an exsisting lease, do we need to create a new lease and place it under that?

The 2nd error was:

Lease with binding state free not on its queue

not sure what this one was, but right after the server crashed...

any thoughts?

Nicola