matching on giaddr field

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Jul 25 06:48:36 UTC 2008

Eric Helm wrote:

>For purposes of finishing this thought...
>
>"By default, the ip forward-protocol udp command enables forwarding
>for ports associated with the following protocols: Trivial File
>Transfer Protocol, Domain Name System, Time service, NetBIOS Name
>Server, NetBIOS Datagram Server, Boot Protocol, and Terminal Access
>Controller Access Control System."
>
>To disable forwarding those protocols that are normally routed:
>no ip forward-protocol udp netbios-ns
>no ip forward-protocol udp netbios-dgm
>no ip forward-protocol udp tacacs
>no ip forward-protocol udp tftp

Well now you've filled in another bit of jigsaw, I find in the
archives for the old dhcp-server list this message from 2006 :
http://marc.info/?l=dhcp-server&m=114059935806364&w=2
where I give the list as :

no ip forward-protocol udp tftp
no ip forward-protocol udp nameserver
no ip forward-protocol udp domain
no ip forward-protocol udp time
no ip forward-protocol udp netbios-ns
no ip forward-protocol udp netbios-dgm
no ip forward-protocol udp tacacs

I don't claim originality - I was only passing on what someone else
had posted earlier (much earlier)

It's a really nice feature that isn't it - enable one little service
and it automatically 'helps' you with a bucketful of others that you
would probably never (or rarely) want to forward.