DHCPD missing router option in DHCPACK

Evan Hunt Evan_Hunt at isc.org
Thu Jul 17 23:04:37 UTC 2008

I've seen four reports of this exact bug in the past few weeks.  (And no
reports of it before that, which makes me think it was probably introduced
in 3.1.1--can you try 3.1.0 and see if it gets better?)

Affected devices so far are limited to HP printers and Blackboard credit
card readers; other sorts of devices on the same networks are fine.  So
far, everyone who's mentioned their OS was running Solaris, but that might
be a coincidence.  I have not been able to reproduce the problem locally.

One person was able to work around the problem by forcing the parameter
request list to a particular value in dhcpd.conf:

    class "hpprinter" {
        match substring(hardware,1,6);
        option dhcp-parameter-request-list 1, 3, 6, 12, 13, 15, 66, 67;
    }
    subclass "hpprinter" <ethernet address 1>;
    subclass "hpprinter" <ethernet address 2>;

Let me know what OS you're running and whether you can try 3.1.0.  Thanks.

Evan Hunt -- evan_hunt at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.