DHCP4 failover pair hanging after startup

Evan Hunt Evan_Hunt at isc.org
Thu Jul 17 17:00:05 UTC 2008

> Using the same leases and configuration file with 3.1.1 doesn't have
> this problem with hanging, so we are sticking to that as we don't need
> the v6 support just yet. My naive mind says this suggests a bug has
> crept into 4.0.0, but it may be our application of the configuration file.

That's certainly possible.  Or it could be the other way around--3.1.1 was
released several months after 4.0.0, from a different branch of the tree.
Several failover bugs were fixed in the meantime.  Those will be included
in 4.0.1b1, which should be out in a week or so, after we finish an
internal test cycle.

> This is very interesting, I didn't realise this was an option. Am I
> right in understanding that we would need to perform the omshell host
> create on both servers individually to add the host to each of the
> leases files? Also, I assume we would also need to append the hosts to
> the config file to make the change permanent?

I believe that's correct.

Evan Hunt -- evan_hunt at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.