Option 82 renew/rebind problem

Andre Schubert andre at km3.de
Thu Jul 10 06:07:04 UTC 2008

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 23:21:58 +0200
Claus Holm Christensen <iscdhcp at claushc.dk> wrote:

> Andre Schubert wrote:
> > But i have seen some CPEs that send their packets directly to the dhcp-server asking to renew the lease.
> > When this happens, the relay agent has no chance to add the agent information to the packets.
> > I searched through the archives and found the following snipped:
>
> Maybe you are looking for the stash-agent-options parameter?
>
>  From dhcpd.conf manual (ver 3.0.6):
>
> > If the stash-agent-options parameter is true for a given client, the server will record the relay agent information options sent during the
> > client’s initial DHCPREQUEST message when the client was in the SELECTING state and behave as if those options are included in all subsequent
> > DHCPREQUEST messages sent in the RENEWING state.  This works around a problem with relay agent information options, which is that they usually
> > not appear in DHCPREQUEST messages sent by the client in the RENEWING state, because such messages are unicast directly to the server and not
> > sent through a relay agent.
>
> Hope this helps.

thanks for your answer, but stash-agent-options is already set to true and doesnt help in this place.
It seems that stash-agent-options comes in after a lease has been assigned and the agent information options
are put onto the outgoing packet.

Maybe is it possible to get the dhcp-server working with such a scenario ?

Regards,
Andre Schubert